Welcome to Friends of Sherco Page!
The district I am blessed to represent includes the Sherco Clean-Coal Power Plant.
The main points are:
1. On average: Sherco employs over 350 full time workers and up to 800 during the peak of its maintenance cycle. AND Sherco supplies steam to a near by paper company that employs over 150 full time workers. These are good paying, feed-your-family jobs!
2. The Dayton Democrats are forcing Minnesota to produce up to 30% of its power from renewable sources such as solar and wind.
3. The Obama Democrats are forcing Minnesota to reduce the carbon emissions from power plants by over 40%.
4. The Sherco Power Plant has meet or exceeded clean air standards. Leadership from the Beyond Coal ( anti coal ) organization even said that “Sherco is an unbelieveable clean coal plant compared to other power plants around the world.”
So, what does this add up to?
- Electricity bills will sky rocket
- Thousands of jobs could be lost
- No viable plan to replace the power from coal
- Local communites will lose millions power plant taxes
- Local citizens will have to pick up the bill for the lost taxes
Recently, extreme environmental groups have moved into town and are waging an all-out propaganda war to shut down the Sherco Plant. This would cause an economic disaster!
Sherco meets and/or exceeds federal standards for clean air and is spending up to $500 million to make their operation even cleaner!
I am so proud of the people in this district and for the hard work they do and for providing POWER to half of the state. God bless you!
YES, we CAN make a difference. There is still time!
How can you help?
1. Volunteer to help in this fall's election.
2. Tell others about the war on Sherco.
3. Donate. The extreme-Left has very deep pockets and they are spending enormous amounts of money to shut down power plants across the USA. A donation of ANY amount would go a long way towards keeping the fight to save our power plant strong.
Jim Newberger For MN House
14225 Balsam Blvd, Becker MN, 55308
First: Know the Facts!
- The Dayton Democrats are working to close down OUR clean-coal power plant.
- Last year the Dayton Democrats forced Excel Energy to a %30 renewable standard.
- The Obama Administration is aiming to shut down up to 600 power plants!
- Shutting down 600 power plants threatens over 224,000 jobs in the United States!
- This year the Obama Administration issued the order to reduce CO2 emissions by %41
- Sherco meets and/or exceeds Federal Clean Air Standards
- Sherco is the largest power plant in the Midwest, over 2400 megawatts!
- Sherco produces more power than all of the nuclear plants in Minnesota COMBINED!
- Sherco employs up to 800 people at the peak of its maintenance cycle!
- Sherco supplies steam to a nearby paper company, which employs up to 150 people!
- Sherco bears over 75% of the local property tax burden!
- Closing Sherco threatens over 5000 jobs in Central Minnesota!
- The Minnesota Democrat Party passed a 50% renewable energy standard in their party platform. A 50% standard will DESTROY the power industry as we know it.
- The Dayton Democrats have not presented a VIABLE plan to replace Sherco!
Second: Tell others !
Sherco provides affordable, efficient and clean energy to over 2.5 MILLION people!
These people need to know! Direct them to this web site!
Third: Join Jim in the fight to save Sherco!
Please donate today!
Please help. Join the battle to save OUR power plant & OUR local economy!
This page, The Friends of Sherco, is owned, produced and paid for by Jim Newberger for MNHD15B, 14225 Balsam Blvd, Becker MN 55308